Friday, July 29, 2011

Bring on the meds

I've been in a happy world of disbelief about my Lyme this week.  Very few times I would feel the joint pain, the brain fog, the nausea.  And at one point I forgot why I was restricting myself from wonderful food like burgers and ice cream.  And my world came crashing down this morning with the squeezing sharp pressure in my neck that has slowly made its way down my spine.  My 8 hours of sleep did me no good, I was still tired and have been tired all day.

Add to this, I picked up my meds today.  Egads, I've been on my diet and no meds?!  What gives?  Well, my health insurance provider for starters.  I gave them the prescription a week ago.  They call for every little thing  yet they didn't call me to tell me when my prescription was ready.  When I called and asked on the status, they said it was ready days ago.  Then why no phone call?  Because the pharmacy can't do that.  Hmm, but the rest of your organization can clog up my voicemail all day.  Alrighty then.

So I'm mentally gearing up for my real fight between me and Lyme.  I'm very sure that this round of meds will do just what Dr. S says it will and get rid of the infection.  This does mean no more cheating of any kind.  The meds are like school yard bullies and can smell fear and weakness a mile away and get you when you expect it and continue to attack you when you don't expect it.  Kefir for the next few months will be my probiotic bff.  My kefir has been growing steadily, which is awesome.  I need to order the Body Ecology's Innergy Biotic.  I haven't ordered it.  I'm privately in denial.  Not that the product doesn't work, I'm sure it'll do wonders for me.  But it means that I'm not as well as I feel.  And today has been proof with the pain creeping back.

The swelling though, I'm beginning to see the slenderness of my ankles, which is fantastic.  Drinking water and sleeping helps.  Not solve, but helps.

And with taking the meds, that means exercising.  I'm not sure what to do.  High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) on the bike, which I love because it's 20 minutes of hard work that pays off.  Or walking for 30 minutes, which after awhile, it like watching paint dry.  Even fast walking HIIT does something a little bit, but I'm noticing my body doesn't push itself as hard because the belt on the treadmill is taking some of the work away.  And I've been reading so much about stretching that I need to revamp my morning routine and possibly my evening routine, to fit it in.

But even with all that, it's about food.  I need to eat to live right.  And it's hard when your super kind boss takes you out for lunch or someone offers you a donut or cinnamon bun. I've yet to find the best excuse.  And even when the excuse seems airtight, the pressure from people to eat the food is strong and I don't hold up to it well.  Should I claim diabetes?  Saying it's the Doctor's orders mean nothing.  I don't mean it in a bad way because the people I work with are sweet and kind.  But it's like, "That's nice.  So, you want this donut?"  And as a sugar addict, how can I refuse?

No comments:

Post a Comment