Monday, September 5, 2011

New Approach

So a month has gone by.  A month of personal chaos.  Nothing that can't be overcome.  But still.  It put a damper on my mission to health and lyme-free happiness.

So, each day is a new day, right?  I buy that.  So today is the new day of my new mission.  Green Smoothies.

Yes poppets, instead of trying new ways to eat veggies, and subconsciously sabotaging them by letting them rot in my fridge, I'm going to eat green smoothies for phase 1.  Why green smoothies?  Aren't the veggies for the smoothies still going to rot in my fridge?  Not quite.

I've had green smoothies from time to time and I love it.  It's the easiest GED way to eat your vegetables.  And the vegetables that count, like kale, arugula, spinach, dandelion, etc.  Not the starchy kind.  Mind you, I can tolerate the starchy vegetables.  Tolerate being the operative word.  Every so often.  This Lyme Disease Diet, there are lots of vegetables.  And I tried phase 1.  I really did.  But it wasn't for me.  Green smoothies are.

For one, the preparation is simple.  For example, fruit, check.  Kale, check.  Purified water, check.  Blend.  Enjoy.  And it's very filling.  Just a green smoothie and eggs (cooked in ghee) is filling and there's little room for else except water.  Just like you're supposed to.

And there's motivation.  My weight.

Let me rewind to the beginning of August.  Had the bad news and my stressed kicked into high gear.  I barely ate.  Which you would think would cause the weight to go down.  Nope.  Because I barely ate, my body held on to every single calorie for dear life.  I didn't exercise either.  So now it's September and I have a wedding to go to at the end of this month.  I have a gorgeous vintage dress, I think I mentioned it earlier in my blog.  And I want to wear it the way I'm supposed to, which means vintage shapewear.  I went Googling and found that people who eat nothing but green smoothies and proper protein lose lots of weight.  Add to this Callanetics, people look fabulous in weeks instead of months.  It also helps that I found in my travels people do outstanding when they eat green smoothies while diagnosed with Lyme.  The symptoms ease and practically disappear.  My Lyme symptoms have been creeping back.  They were so considerate during my time of need and stress that I didn't have nearly a fifth of what I had in July.  But as soon as the stress levels started dropping off, the symptoms started creeping back.  The neck pain, the exhaustion.  The lack of sleep.  Which by the way, doesn't help when you're already exhausted.

So, here I am, my green smoothie today is kale, banana, and blueberry pomegranate juice.  Complemented with 2 farm fresh eggs cooked in ghee.  It's very yummy.  My one year old drank my smoothie and kept saying it was yummy and licking her mouth.  Her breath smells like kale, which I find hilarious, until I realize that now drinking it, my breath smells like kale.  Oh well.

Since it's Labor Day and I literally did not sleep last night, I think I'm going to indulge in a nap.  I have a class online that I need to get cracking on and some cleaning to do before the girls come back from their grandmother's.  But rest, rest seems to be big on my mental agenda.  And it started talking after I drank the smoothie.  Maybe the smoothie speaks health and wisdom as you drink it.  If so, rock on.

Oh, and on the subject of meds, I'm debating taking them.  Sounds nonsensical because I have a bacteria, so take an antibiotic.  Frankly speaking, I hate them.  I hate when I'm on them, I hate what they do to my body.  I know, I complained until I finally saw Dr. S so I could get the things.  But it doesn't take away the truth that I don't like them.  I want to heal my body without having to go through all that drama.  But, knowing what I went through before, I should take them.  My concern is if I'm drinking green smoothies, will that be enough for the evil doxy?  Or will I lose my delicious breakfast?  According to phase one, the only grain I can eat is brown rice.  Well, I'm not going to sweat that today.  I'm glad that I'm getting my veggies and they taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment