Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 2

And so far, I love it.  The green smoothie bit, I mean.  This morning's concoction...sorry, smoothie

Carrots
Strawberries
Mangoes
Blueberry Pomegranate juice
4 large handfuls of Trader Joe's Southern Greens Mix (Mustard, Turnip, Collards, Spinach)
A dash of water (the fruits were frozen, so they needed a lil extra help)

And before you say gross, this is what my body spoke to me after my high intensity interval training on the stationary bike at the gym.  I opened the freezer and let my body dictate what it needed.  Including the greens.  Let me tell you, this has been the yummiest smoothie yet.  Each time I feel my energy flagging, I take a swig of this stuff and it keeps my energy up.  Who could ask for anything more?

Sleep.  I ask for more sleep.  Even after my nap yesterday, which was delightful because I felt rested, I still wanted to go to bed at 9:30.  That would be the Lyme acting out.  And I couldn't sleep a wink either once I got to bed.  So tonight, if I remember, which I hope I do, I need to drink a nice cup of tea mixed with skullcap.  It's an herb that helps with sleep.  And when I use it, I'm out like a light with none of the groggy aftereffects like a Advil PM.  I love Advil PM because it takes away pain and lets me sleep.  But when it's time to wake up in the morning, I feel like I have cotton in my brain.  And I like sleeping, I dream in color with a nice plot with a firm beginning, middle, and end.  I miss that because my Lyme brain dream state acts like a bored teenager, flipping from station to station just when the exciting bit is about to come up, if they had waited a second longer.  And I wake up every time the dream changes.

Overall, I feel good!  This morning was a lot:
I prayed
Went to the gym (and no, I don't pray to any fitness gods on the way to or at the gym)
Came home and made my smoothie (and got the thumbs up from the baby that it was good)
Got the baby's clothes for the day
Washed out mayonnaise from the older girls' hair (to restore moisture after swimming yesterday)
Took my shower
Styled the older girls' hair
Made sure everyone had a lunch
Drove to daycare, dropped the girls off
Drove to work

By the time I came to work, I felt I already worked a half day before 9 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment