Wednesday, July 27, 2011

An observation

Being only 15 hours into the LID (yes, I'm counting when I'm sleep) and not cheating even once, I can finally begin to see the bones on my hands.  The swelling has gone down that much.  My fingers feel tiny again, like they should.  What I'm not liking is the intolerance to cold.  I work in an air conditioned office and it's in the 90s outside.  Right now, if I had a jacket, I'd wrap myself in it.

I remembered where I was on Monday, at my meeting where I didn't exercise self control and had that slice of bread.  So the dish I made, a couple of thoughts.  One, asparagus heads are great.  Tails are not.  Two, there is such a thing as too much rosemary.  I was picking out the rosemary as I ate, I had put so much in.  Three, I was bored.  It lacked protein.  It lacked bread.  It lacked salt.  The rosemary and thyme I put in was great.  But I wanted more.  It was filling, but I still wanted more...something.  So I paused with that and ate celery with almond and flax seed butter.  And that gave me the little something I was looking for.  But as soon as I was done, I was still wanting more.  The LID says I can have fish.  My question is when?  I found out that my microwaving fish was a definite no-no in my office.  Yes, I had heard of that but when fish is your only protein, you have to eat.  Not so, says my co-workers.  And since it's one Lymie against many co-workers, I will stop with the fish.  I could eat it at dinner, but I'm starving for it now.  Not fish, per se, just a protein.  Like a burger...

No comments:

Post a Comment