Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Lyme Inflammation Diet - Day 1. Again.

Sorry there's no day 2.  That was blown out of the water due to my inability to cope with stress in a healthful way.   My pity party and I ate Ben and Jerry's Late Night Snack and commiserated about our woes.  

So, today is Lyme Inflammation Diet Day 1.  For realsies this time. 

Had my farm fresh eggs for breakfast, pomegranate juice with my liquid multivitamin and I'm now munching on my lunch of asparagus, mushrooms and onions in olive oil and LID approved spices.  The lunch I was supposed to eat on Monday.  That didn't happen.  I can't remember why.  Yesterday I had a young professionals networking lunch at Panera Bread.   I had my usual at Panera, creamy tomato soup and Mediterranean veggie sandwich with an apple I didn't eat and frozen lemonade that I couldn't finish. I could have had salad.  But who eats salad?  Oh yeah, I'm supposed to.  Then with my frustrations with home, I went to the grocery store, under the truthful pretense of getting my daughter's prescription, and found myself in the freezer section grazing over which Ben and Jerry's I was going to eat.  I heard this faint voice of reasoning but then it was blocked out when I saw Late Night Snack.  

The disease is a struggle but the diet is just, ugh.  I know, it's the candida thriving inside and dictating this. But you would think I would have some drive to get rid of this thing.  And I do.  Until I get a craving for a burger or have a frustrating day and crave ice cream.  But I drank 16 oz of my homemade kefir last night and another 16 oz this morning.  I feel great with that.  

Add to this, I haven't exercised this week.  At all.  It's shocking to me.  But I read this Yahoo article about sleep is better for losing weight.  And in the Lyme Recipe cookbook the authors mention that too.  So the past 3 mornings, I woke up at 6:30-7:00 instead of my usual 5:30.  This morning I was tired, like I could have used another hour.  But when I wake up, I feel energized.  Even more surprising is the pain I had last week has been a dull roar this week.  Even with the horrible eating.  I've had the bloating, the skin crawling (even more now, hmm), muscle weakness, and heat intolerance to where it's breaking out my skin.  But no joint pain.  Oh!  Ear pain has been on the upswing.  I was in a meeting yesterday when that attacked and it was all I could do to stay upright and pay attention.  What does it all mean?  I've been waiting for my health insurance provider to give me my antibiotics, they're holding it hostage right now.  

Right now, I really, really want a cup of tea.  And a burger.  I guess I'll swig another drink of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment